FOR INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT
100 Howe Avenue, Suite 100-South
Sacramento, California 95825-8202
AGENDA AND ITEMS ARE AVAILABLE ON THE CSLC WEB SITE: www.slc.ca.gov
WEBCAST AVAILABLE AT:
· CHRIS GARLAND, Chief of Staff and Alternate for Lt. Governor Gavin Newsom
· ALAN GORDON, Deputy Controller and Alternate for State Controller John Chiang
· KAREN FINN, Program Budget Manager and Alternate for Director of the Department of Finance, Ana Matosantos
Original Agenda Posted 5:00 PM on Monday, July 01, 2013
July 12, 2013
SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA 95814
· REPORT OF ACTION – THE STATE LANDS COMMISSION AUTHORIZED SETTLEMENT IN THE CASE OF STATE OF CALIFORNIA, ACTING BY AND THROUGH THE STATE LANDS COMMISSION V. VENOCO, INC.
· ITEM C01– WAS APPROVED BY A VOTE OF 2-0 (GORDON AND FINN)
· ITEM 02 – WAS INFORMATIONAL – NO VOTE REQUIRED
· ITEM 03 – WAS APPROVED AS PRESENTED BY A VOTE OF 2-0 (GORDON AND FINN)
A SIGN LANGUAGE INTERPRETER WILL BE PROVIDED UPON ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF NEED BY A DEAF OR HEARING IMPAIRED PERSON. SUCH NOTIFICATION SHOULD BE MADE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PRIOR TO DATE OF THE EVENT.
IF YOU NEED REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION, TO CONDUCT BUSINESS WITH THE COMMISSION, FOR A DISABILITY AS DEFINED BY THE FEDERAL AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT AND THE CALIFORNIA FAIR EMPLOYMENT AND HOUSING ACT, PLEASE CONTACT THE COMMISSION IN ADVANCE TO ARRANGE FOR SUCH ACCOMMODATION.
ANYONE WISHING TO ADDRESS AN ITEM ON THE AGENDA SHOULD FILL OUT A SPEAKER FORM. WHEN YOU ARE CALLED TO SPEAK, PLEASE STATE YOUR NAME FOR THE RECORD. YOU WILL BE ALLOWED 3 MINUTES TO SPEAK.
Please note that the items are posted as soon as available on the Commission’s website at www.slc.ca.gov. The items and exhibits may be reviewed and downloaded individually or collectively. Past meetings, including items, transcripts, and, more recently, webcasts, may also be viewed there.
A and S references are to Assembly and Senate districts.
ORDER OF BUSINESS
I. 2:00 PM – CLOSED SESSION: AT ANY TIME DURING THE MEETING THE COMMISSION MAY MEET IN A SESSION CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING PURSUANT TO GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 11126:
THE COMMISSION MAY CONSIDER PENDING AND POSSIBLE LITIGATION PURSUANT TO THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF ATTORNEY-CLIENT COMMUNICATIONS AND PRIVILEGES PROVIDED FOR IN GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 11126(e).
1. THE COMMISSION MAY CONSIDER MATTERS THAT FALL UNDER GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 11126(e)(2)(A):
· State of California, acting by and through the State Lands Commission v. Venoco, Inc.
· Seacliff Beach Colony Homeowners Association v. State of California, et al.
· State of California, acting by and through the State Lands Commission v. Singer
· State of California, acting by and through the State Lands Commission v. Crockett Marine Services, et al.
· Defend Our Waterfront v. California State Lands Commission, et al.
· The Melton Bacon and Katherine L. Bacon Family Trust, et al. v. California State Lands Commission, City of Huntington Beach
· SLPR, LLC, et al. v. San Diego Unified Port District, State Lands
· San Francisco Baykeeper v. State Lands Commission
· City of Los Angeles v. Great Basin Unified Air Pollution Control
District et. al.
· City of Los Angeles v. California Air Resources Board, et. al.
· California State Lands Commission v. Edward L. Clark Jr.
· Everardo Acevedo, et al. v. Jorge A. Diaz, et al.
2. The commission may consider matters THAT fall under government code section 11126(e)(2)(B) or (2)(C).
B. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATORS.
THE COMMISSION MAY CONSIDER MATTERS THAT FALL UNDER GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 11126(c)(7) – TO PROVIDE DIRECTIONS TO ITS NEGOTIATORS REGARDING PRICE AND TERMS FOR LEASING OF REAL PROPERTY.
I. Consider and provide instructions to negotiators regarding negotiations over amendments to and assignment of various oil and gas leases of state lands (PRCs 735, 3120, 3242 and 3314) currently held by Venoco, Inc. Negotiating parties: Venoco, Inc., State Lands Commission; Under negotiation: price and terms.
II. OPEN SESSION
III. EXECUTIVE OFFICER’S REPORT ‒ NONE
IV. CONSENT CALENDAR – C01
THE FOLLOWING ITEM IS CONSIDERED TO BE NON-CONTROVERSIAL AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME UP TO THE DATE OF THE MEETING.
CITY OF NEWPORT BEACH (APPLICANT): Consider approval of the proposed resolution of the City Council of the City of Newport Beach, pursuant to Public Resources Code Section 7060, declaring its intent to enter into an agreement for oil operations of existing oil wells on legislatively granted sovereign land in the City of Newport Beach, Orange County. (G 09-02) (A 74; S 37) (Staff: S. Guerrieri)
THE FOLLOWING ITEM IS INFORMATIONAL ONLY AND WILL BE DISCUSSED AND ACTED UPON IN A CLOSED SESSION:
CALIFORNIA STATE LANDS COMMISSION: Notification that, in closed session, a discussion will take place and instruction will be given to staff regarding negotiations over amendments to and assignment of various oil and gas leases of state lands (PRCs 735, 3120, 3242 and 3314) currently held by Venoco, Inc. Negotiating parties: Venoco, Inc., State Lands Commission; Under negotiation: price and terms.
VENOCO, INC. (ASSIGNOR) AND VENOCO ENERGY PARTNERS OPERATING, LLC (ASSIGNEE): Consider approval of an assignment of a portion of Oil and Gas Lease Nos. PRC 735.1, PRC 3120.1, PRC 3242.1 and PRC 3314.1 from Venoco, Inc. to Venoco Energy Partners Operating, LLC (VEPO), Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties. (PRC 735, PRC 3120.1, PRC 3242.1, PRC 3314.1) (A 35; S 19)
(Staff: J. Planck, J. Rader)
VII. PUBLIC COMMENT
VIII. COMMISSIONERS’ COMMENTS